Friday, May 30, 2008

Still Pedaling

It's been some time since the last post. I switched gears a little bit and having been hard at work training for an upcoming MS Ride that will take me from Quincy Ma to the end of Cape Cod which equates to 150 miles in 2 days. I do not personally know anyone with MS but some coworkers thought is would be a good idea to take part and needless to say, I was recruited.

For purposes of this blog, I must admit that I miss the serenity of the woods and grow more disgusted with each passing day at the relationship between driver versus cyclist. Last night's training ride served as subtle reminder of this as some asshole towing a boat shouted get out of the road while I passed in front of him at an intersection. When I turned around and asked him to show me his deed to the road he had no response and just sat there dumbfounded. Realizing the conversation served its purpose I continued with my ride.

I know I have commented on this before and don't get me wrong I'm not some nut that thinks the automobile shouldn't exist, my frustration stems from motorists unwillingness to share the road. I'm constantly being nudged to the side of the road by some random passenger-side mirror as if I'm being told get off the road.

Now that I have fallen off my soap box, I have decided to continue to document my riding regardless of where it takes place and hope to post some new pictures throughout my training. For the record, I haven't lost sight of the blog's purpose which was to encourage other folks to get out there and ride. I will admit that there are some things that are frustating at times while out riding, however a bad riding is still better than a good day at work.

No comments: