Monday, January 21, 2008

The Road Less Traveled

My Sunday Plans - Ride in the A.M. Beer, Beef, and Football in the P.M.

Mother Nature's plans -27 degrees, bone chilling winds, and snow covered trails.

Clearly two distinct approaches on how best to utilize one’s Sunday. Fortunately for me, my buddy Steve put together the same itinerary and so we made a go of it. We decided the best approach would be to hit some down hills in the beginning which would warrant our exposure to the elements. Minutes later, the riding turned into a circus act with Steve and I teetering on the brink of death as we slide down the ice covered trails.


Ice Covered Trail















Another rare sighting of a jackass-at-the-top-of-icyhill. A distant cousin to the jackass-in-tree but just as elusive.























Once we gained our composure, we decided to head toward the ledge, which generally makes for a fun 6 mile loop. Today however would be different as the ice and snow weren't backing off one inch. At one point my front tire washed out and I was sliding across the snow like frosty after a six pack of wobbly pops. Steve thought I stuck the landing and held up a 10, so did the Russian Judge, but that dam French Judge wouldn't budge on the 9.

The Ledge...see I wouldn't lie at least not about this
















After two hours of riding we decided that we had enough frostbite for one day and called it quits. Both of us had some grilling responsibilities to attend to and of course lonely beers at home that were starting to miss us.

Steve sporting winter perma grin...he could actually be crying here but you will never know because perma grin hides all















3.5 lbs of marinated gametime goodness




1 comment:

lawyagirl said...

Hey cuz,

Look at you and your fancy blog, mister!

Keep it up and it just might motivate me to get my Portugie arse off the couch!

xoxo
Christine